Saturday 15 September 2012

Mollie Makes & Fi Douglas

I can not wait to start my course, only a week to go before I can start putting my ideas into action!
I already have a heap of interior magazines but treated myself to the lovely Mollie Makes...lots of people have been telling me how nice it is and although its more of a craft magazine..there's not a stereotypical granny insight! and it was full of lots of ideas I could steal... although I dont think I will be adorning myself with a toast scarf anytime soon



Brill piece on Japan, I love the colours and quirkiness, Japanese Fabrics are some of the nicest about and I would love to go to Tokyo ...maybe SewSister, will ask me to go to find next seasons fabrics ;)
There was a rather lovely idea for a Family Tree quilt, the idea is that the pieces are all donated from family members....obviously there might have to be a certain amount of creative editing...my kids would have zebra print and tigers on one side and brown draylon on the other! never know it could work ?!




I have also learnt a new word today ........PAINTERLY
characterized by qualities of color, stroke, or texture perceived as distinctive to the art of painting, especially the rendering of forms and images in terms of color or tonal relations rather than of contour or line



I came across a textile designer named Fi Douglas whose work is very painterly and very gorgeous, her cushions would look right at home in my bedroom


http://www.bluebellgray.com/

What with magazines and the internet, there is a world of possibilities and ideas out there ....you just need to keep your eyes open ...always look up and not down!

Can I say a quick thankyou to What Katie Did Next for writing such a nice blog about me, shame the picture is so hidious but I'll let her off because the words are so lovely :)


Top Drawer tomorrow....inspiration overload I'm sure..can't wait xx

No comments:

Post a Comment