Tuesday 18 September 2012

Top Drawer,Woop Studios and Arthouse Meath

As mentioned in my last post I joined What Katie did Next and Sewsister to Top Drawer, a trade fair for businesses to find new products and suppliers. As both of them are showing in the next Top Drawer event in January 2013 they thought it would be a good idea to see what to do and not to do to promote their products..I went along to be nosey and thank goodness it was a strictly wholesale event, I saw so many things that I wanted to bring home!


Aswell as the big brands there were lots of smaller businesses trying to promote themselves and I came home with a bag full of brochures and postcards, some of which I absolutely love and will be blogging about so I dont forget :)

Woopstudios was created by 4 people consisting of graphic designers and photographers. Their tag line collective nouns in pictures sums up perfectly what they are all about, these are a couple of their lovely limited prints but you really should take a look at the website to get the full feeling of what they do.

I think the whole concept is simple yet brilliant, one of those things I wish I could have thought of..whats even nicer is that they welcome the idea of their work being used for education, quote from the website:


we hope that the site will become a valuable homework reference site-incorporating fun as well as education.
they also partner with educational and charitable organisations to help raise funds



http://www.woopstudios.com/
This brings me on nicely to the next supplier I love...

Arthouse Meath, a local charity for adults with severe epilepsy and learning difficulties...now when we first looked at their stall I had no idea they were products designed for a charity, let alone designed by those they are trying to help.

 

Arthouse, notebook

Arthouse,china mugs


I thought the notepads and mugs were great and apparently you can purchase items via the website or from the Arthouse shop in High Street, Godalming...The shop looks really nice and more things like this would probably help lift the stereotype :)


http://www.arthousemeath.com/



2 comments:

  1. I love the collective prints, especially the one of the finches

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really interesting can't wait to see some of your works

    ReplyDelete